Corner Water Fountains-Decorative, Unique/Water Features
Corner water fountains are an easy way to add a decorative water element to your backyard design. The corner design of this water feature will allow you to utilize all outdoor space in your yard and fit seamlessly in your garden design. Contemporary to classic water feature displays will allow you to have your water fountain blend into the surrounding garden styles.
You have the unique option of using the fountain as a large corner focal point creating a beautiful sculpture water fountain element or having it tucked away for a more subtle artistic visual effect.
Corner Water Fountains Are Unique Water Accents
High-quality affordable corner water features are an easy way to add a splash of color with the memorizing sounds of water movement. Large or small fountain sizes will depend on your requirements of your backyard design. Do you want to incorporate a small waterfall corner feature or a lightweight portable fiberglass fountain that has tiered water spillovers with soothing sounds of cascading waters in the backyard.
Lighted corner fountains is another way to bring your fountain to life in the evening. Having an option of softly illuminating your fountain with LED lights helps to bring a splash of multiple colors (blue, red, yellow, green) to your fountain while providing an exquisite image of serenity.
Some water features have the option of built-in submersible lighting but as an addition to that I like to make it a little more personal and install a floodlight to help illuminate the complete corner fountain.
Corner water fountains utilize the 90 degree angle as a starting point for the visual design. Using the straight lines that are drawn away from the focal point (back of the fountain) allows your eyes the reverse effect of being drawn towards the fountain like an open set of hands welcoming you to a peaceful spot in your yard on your patio or deck. Many fountains will incorporate multi-tiers to give a 3-D depth perception and create special water movement (soothing water sounds) for the water feature.
Corner Water Fountains Provide Many Different Styles, Material Selections
Choosing a water fountain for your indoor/outdoor corners (small spaces) does not mean that it has to have a 90 degree angle design. Using any kind of symmetrical style fountain will give you the opportunity to use the lines, shapes and overall style of the fountain and will help create a unique creative water fountain display. Consider making a fountain design statement by introducing an unusual water fountain for your landscape. This allows you to open up many different options for the form (fountain shape) and colors.
Each material choice (fiberglass resin, cement, granite, copper) will have their own unique styles and pros and cons associated with it. Fiberglass fountains provide you a durable water feature that can easily be molded into any shape or size (small tabletop, large fountain focal point) the design of the fountains are endless.
Choosing a resin fountain provides you with an easy portable water feature for your design. Because they are lightweight they are easily positioned and repositioned around your yard allowing you to find the perfect spot for the fountain.
Simple Water Features for Patio, Backyard Corners
Freestanding fountains are a self-contained (plug-and-play) simple water feature and are the best choice for your corner design. With their own reservoir and small variable speed recirculating pump all you need to do is make sure that you have a (GFI) outlet nearby to plug it in.
Cement corner fountains will be a more permanent structure but will last a lot longer than other materials. You may have to have this professionally installed because of the weight of the fountain. Granite is a beautiful stone and any fountain will surely benefit from this material. This can be a very expensive choice as they have to be handmade to your specs or you may find a popular model that comes with standard size and design.
Benefits of indoor/outdoor corner water fountains
- Interior corner fountains can use essential oils for fragrance (aromatherapy).
- Space-saving modern fountains for small spaces (corners).
- Corner fountains are self-contained water features (will install easy).
- Lighted water fountain (optional features) for nighttime backyard ambience.
- Has a variety of decorative water fountain themes (Apple barrels, lions head, spilling jugs, animal sculptures).
Indoor corner water fountains are a small water feature that you can use inside your home. These to are also a self-contained cool feature that can be found in a floor fountain design or the more popular indoor tabletop fountains. This adds a great experience of the tranquility of trickling water that provides a wonderful feng shui element for the home.
Popular types of corner water fountains
- Small Waterfall Corner Feature: The waterfall design provides your backyard with beautiful cascading water. Waterfall boxes are great do-it-yourself water fountain kits solution on how you can install a corner fountain. This unit is placed on the ground and build around it and helps create a pond-less waterfall that allows you to design the shale rock, gravel bed and vegetation that you would like to place around the garden accent. Self-contained water fountains are another corner resin feature that will give you a tiered waterfall with the choice of a variety of different designs and finishes (real granite look, concrete finish, and stacked shale stone).
- Lighted Corner Water Fountain: This is a small water feature design that provides multilevel cascading water with LED or solar lighting. It can be safely placed as an indoor fountain but is made to withstand the outdoors. (Rustic, contemporary, bamboo wood) will provide your space a decorative water ornament that is both artistically captivating while providing the soothing sounds from the water.
- Corner pond water feature: This is a great above ground water feature/pond that can be placed on a patio/deck or balcony. This is a great addition for corners that are typically difficult to decorate. The simple and clean (modern) design of the container gives it a sand stucco type of finish. It provides a larger container to hold water and allow you to have a small water fountain head that sprays a bell water shape or other decorative patterns. Adding to this sophisticated feature is a submersible light that will provide your pond water fountain with a decorative impact.
- Corner Bamboo Water Fountains: Staying in touch with the natural elements of wood, bamboo will provide you the soft tones that you are looking for in a quieter indoor/outdoor waterfall sound. The bamboo water feature helps to create a more intimate feeling for the corner that it is placed into. It also has a unique way of blending in and providing a natural look wherever it is placed. Bamboo features are well known in Japanese gardens, bringing in feng shui and positive (Chi) you will invite positive energy in your home.
Corner water fountains provide soothing water sounds
One of your main goals when you are installing a beautiful water accent is to not only find the perfect water feature that will suit your garden theme but also provide you with the calming sounds of naturally flowing water. Just think of all the sounds that water can make and how it can benefit you by drowning out traffic noise in your neighborhood.
Understanding how water makes sound you will be able to create a symphony of sounds (through trial and error) with your water fountain. One of the first things that you can control is the volume of water. By adjusting the pump you will be able to speed up or slow down the water flow which in turn gives you a different tone from the water.
Buying tips for corner water fountains:
- Measure and decide on what size of fountain is best (small, large).
- What water fountain theme works best (Gargoyles, Lions, Frogs, natural rock, barrel )
- Fountain material choices (resin, copper, granite, pottery,slate) have a great influence on look and feel.
- Decide on a budget and look for wholesale products, discount sales.
- Check water fountain reviews (hear from people that have purchased the products).
Remember you are working with a corner water fountain and you should take into consideration that the sound will be reflecting off of the adjacent surface (a wall or solid structure) or a more porous (vegetation, Bush) that it is beside.
You can control the distance that the water falls by adjusting the height, this will give you the direct waterfall volume. The actual surface makes a big difference on how it sounds whether it is directly into a pool of water or striking small decorative stones or rocks. A tip to keep in mind in controlling your musical fountain waterworks is to remember that the greater the volume of water and the more distance it has to fall, definitely affects how loud the sound will be.
Fiberglass Water Fountains-Polyresin Decorative Water Feature
Fiberglass water fountains provide you an outdoor decorative modern fountain that can fit into any contemporary landscape. Molded into waterfalls, rock sculptures these poly resin fountains are made with high-quality manufacturing techniques providing a durable, strong decorative fountain.
Garden Water Fountains-Garden Ornaments with a Water Feature
Garden water fountains provide you an option to include a beautiful water feature for your backyard decor. Adding the sound of running water with the combination of a decorative piece of water art will turn your patio, deck, garden into an oasis that will be both stress relieving and calming.